Thursday, October 8, 2009


I'm getting very fustrated now, I really thought this property was the one, but our offer has been turned down. We really cant up the offer so its back to the drawing board. We are up against the clock now, Our pre-approval only lasts 2.5 more months and then we will have to reapply. This doesn't sound hard but we scraped our preapproval though before an expense change at the bank, if we have to reapply then the new rules will apply which will drop the amount the bank will lend us by about 20-40 thousand dollars. I know I have to have faith that God will find us the right property for our family but on days like this it is a struggle. Will keep you updated.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Still plodding along!

Just a quick update. We are still ploding along in our hunt for our farm. We got pre-approval from the bank so we now know exactly what we have to spend which is good. We have also put and offer in on a property of 135 acres. Its got a lovely 120-140 year old stone farm house, is a working sheep farm with a lovely old working stone shearing shed, the biggest chook house I think I have ever seen and andother stone shed. It has 4 dams and a winter creek.

It means the kids will all have to change schools, but it is in a discrict of one of the schools on my list that I liked. It is actually closer to work (55mins) for Ian that the Birdwood property. I loved the Birdwood property that we put an offer on but walking around this property, I think, "what was I thinking, This feels like home!"

Well now we just hold our breath and wait on the reply to our offer. I will keep you updated, and if we get it I will put up lots of picies.

Bye for now!